Non-resident ratepayers voting info

Information regarding registration for non-resident ratepayers

If you live elsewhere, but own or lease land in Eurobodalla, you are eligible to vote in the Eurobodalla council elections – now postponed to September 2021. Non-resident ratepayers have one vote per household.

Make sure you are on the electoral roll.
There is only one electoral roll which is used for Federal, State and Local Government elections. To enrol or check whether you are enrolled go to: or

Register your intention to vote with the Council.

Registration forms for non-resident voters are now available on the Eurobodalla Shire Council’s website. If you are an individual owner or leasee, then this is the correct form to use. If you share ownership or a lease with other people, then you can nominate just one of the owners or leasees to go on the roll, and this is the correct form to use.

As Eurobodalla Shire is not divided up into wards, you can ignore any of the questions on these generic forms which mention wards.

Please note that the forms on Council’s website are normal PDF files which cannot be edited, and so must be printed out before being manually filled in. ABE is working on making editable versions of these files (which can be electronically filled in) available on this website soon. ABE will be clarifying whether digital signatures can be used on these forms, or whether they will still need to be printed out for manual signing before being despatched to Council.

Registration forms can be submitted up until 26th July 2021, but it is advisable to get them in well before this date.

Apply to NSW Electoral Commission (NSWEC) for a postal vote.
Non-resident ratepayers can’t submit an absentee vote; they either vote in the Eurobodalla on election day or submit a postal vote.
Key dates will be provided once the 2021 election date has been set.

If you have applied for a postal vote, the NSWEC will issue you with ballot papers once candidate nominations close in August 2021.
You need to fill in the ballot papers and get them to the NSWEC.

Voting is not hard, but it is important if you want to have a say about where your Council rates are spent and how the shire is managed.

Key dates for 2020 (now 2021) Local Government Elections

The NSW Electoral Commissioner is publishing Bulletins to share information about the elections and provide political participants with key information.